Feed Your Soul
What have you eaten today? We all know that a steady diet of sugar and processed foods is a recipe for disastrous health but what are you feeding your spirit? We all like to stay informed but did you know that negativity can become like Dr. Pepper to your soul? A continuous flow of the news and social media all day, is just like Dr. Pepper, way to sweet and highly addictive. What about the people you associate with? Do you spend the majority of your time with people who gripe and complain about everything? Complainers can be like McDonald’s French Fries to your soul, you can’t just eat one, you end up devouring the whole container which happens to be a whopping 510 calories, ouch.
To keep our bodies healthy, we know we need to mix the fun stuff with good solid nutrition, our spirit is no different. In order to remain healthy and strong, we must watch what we feed it. Negativity produces stress and anxiety which causes an array of health problems. Many of these health issues could be eradicated simply by removing the toxicity from our environment. Here are five things you can do to feed your soul:
- Start and end your day with prayer/meditation. Taking time to get quiet and reflect on who you are and what you’d like to receive and give to this world can calm and center your mind.
- Make time everyday to move. People stress when you say exercise, but the reality is, you just need to move. When your body is in motion, your brain is in motion and you simply feel better.
- Don’t stop growing. We were created for consistent growth. When we become stagnant, we lose our vision, remember, it’s lack of vision that caused the people to perish.
- Be mindful of what and whom you give your time and attention to. Things and people that bring a negative energy to your life will drain you of not only your joy but your productivity.
- Make time for you. It’s easy to get so wrapped up in taking care of everything and everyone else but you. You need time to care for yourself and it must become a priority. To be at your best, you must learn to serve yourself. When you’re healthy and happy, you can serve others at the highest level and with excellence.
Don’t feed you body and starve your soul. Make it a priority today to make a change that will bring about change. Feed your soul a healthy nutritious diet of peace, joy and self-love.
Hey, don’t forget to follow our Elevate team on FB/IG @elevatemalife